This track, a very long time ago, was once named TCR Superspeedway (which was the first half of the username (“TCR_500”) that I was using back then (and still am on some sites). The original intent was for this track to be a 4-mile quad oval banked 45° in the corners where NASCAR NEXTEL Cup style race cars would race in 5 and 6-wide packs at 260+ miles per hour (this was before I developed a hatred for pack racing). The track was originally intended for NASCAR SimRacing, my favorite simulator at the time.
When I started making the track using NR2003’s Sandbox track editor, I didn’t yet have the skill to make the track a quad oval of the exact length I wanted. So I started developing it as an oval like Homestead or New Hampshire instead, except a bit bigger. The track’s racing surface measured 70 feet wide and could fit 10 NEXTEL Cup cars side by side with none of the cars touching each other, the apron, or the wall. I just ran into a small problem: There were no tools available to make the track work in NASCAR SimRacing. As it turns out, the track needed to be put into rFactor, use its tools to create the AI lines, then convert it to NASCAR SimRacing. This process never happened!
Dissatisfied with the shape of the track, I reconfigured it into a tri oval and got within a few feet of the desired length. This configuration got a beta release for rFactor. It featured a pit-out apron running parallel to the track that was separated by a wall and had its own banking. I was satisfied with this result until somebody on one of the forums commented that it looked like a double-length Daytona. So I reconfigured the track into a quad oval and got within a few inches of the desired length. I also made the pit out apron cut through the infield by about 1,000 feet.
Somewhere along the lines, I renamed the track to Tereana City Superspeedway, after the fictional city that the track is located in. I released a beta version of this track for NR2003 and was able to do an online test of the track. That’s when I discovered a problem with the pit out apron as someone blasted down pit road at 250+ miles per hour, took the very bumpy pit out apron to cut turns 1 and 2, and ended up at least a second into the lead. From that point on, I tried to figure out how I would prevent this from happening. So I started implementing a version of the track with a much lower banking for the pit out apron at the start. This way, if someone decided to use it as a shortcut, they’d end up in the wall because their speed would be too high for the turn (which has a radius of 1,500 feet).
Now, I’m reconfiguring the track again without the pit out apron. As it turns out, the 15° of banking on the apron in turns 1 and 2 is enough to allow the cars to exit pit road at 70 mph, and go full throttle on the apron until the backstretch. I removed the pit out apron mainly because it has been taking too long to implement a smooth version of it. And because of a slight safety concern about race cars hitting the end of a solid concrete wall at 260+ mph, and coming to an instant stop because of it. I calculated that I would need about 100 feet of collapsible wall to make it a “safe” crash.
Currently, there is no version of the track available that I know of. But I intend to eventually release the track for every simulator that I race on.